Spending Father’s Day at home this year? If so, Coronado Brewing Company has a great recipe for you to make at home with Dad. Boost your weekend vibes by making our special IPA cheese dip. We recommend using Weekend Vibes IPA; however, our Never Better Double IPA is another great option as well. Follow the instructions below to enjoy fluffy, salted pretzels and the flavorful Weekend Vibes cheese dip. CBC wishes you an amazing Father’s Day weekend!
Ingredients: Salted Soft Pretzels
- 1 ½ cups of Warm Water
- 1 Packet or 2 ¼ Teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 4 Cups Flour
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 8 Cups of Room Temperature Water
- ½ Cup Heaping Baking Soda
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Optional: You can also save time by purchasing pre-made soft pretzels from your local grocery store.
Ingredients: Weekend Vibes IPA Cheese Dip
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- ½ Cup Milk
- ¾ Cup of Weekend Vibes IPA or Never Better Double IPA
- 1 Teaspoon Deli Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 Ounces of Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Optional: Dash of Hot Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, then boil 8 cups of water with ½ cup of baking soda. Let the water boil as you continue the next steps.
- Beat 3 eggs, put into a large bowl, set to the side.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the yeast into warm water, then stir for one minute. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar, mix all together.
- To the yeast bowl, add four cups of flour, one cup at a time while mixing. Continue mixing until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place dough on a floured surface, and knead it for 2-3 minutes. Shape the dough into a ball, then cut out 18 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a rope, and curl the rope into whatever desired shape.
- Dunk each folded pretzel into the baking soda water twice for 30 seconds each time.
- After the baking soda bath, dunk each pretzel into the beaten egg bowl, then place on a parchment lined/greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt on each pretzel, bake for 10-12 minutes.
Weekend Vibes IPA Cheese Dip
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Once butter is melted, add the three tablespoons of flour and stir until fully combined.
- Slowly whisk in ¾ cup of Weekend Vibes IPA or Never Better Double IPA, as well as ½ a cup of milk.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then add 1 teaspoon deli mustard, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, and your desired amount of hot sauce.
- Allow mixture to simmer for about 3-5 minutes. The mixture will look bubbly, so keep stirring.
- Once mixture appears thicker, add the 12 ounces of cheese one handful at a time. Allow the cheese to melt before adding the next handful.
- Mix until all ingredients are fully combined. Pour immediately into serving bowl of choice. Best served hot, stir every few minutes.
- Enjoy your delicious, homemade pretzels and beer cheese dip!