Valentine’s Day is coming up, and we’ve got a sweet treat for you to make for your loved one or… for yourself! Apple Cider Bites are easy to make and transport. Explosive flavors of apple, cinnamon, and cider spice will rock your tastebuds with one bite! Give them a try, you won’t regret it.
Apple Cider Filling
Granny Smith Apples (3)
Unsalted Butter (1 Tablespoon)
Ground Cinnamon (1 Teaspoon)
Nutmeg (1/8 tablespoon)
Dark Brown Sugar (1/4 cup packed)
Lemon Juice (1 teaspoon)
Cornstarch (3 tablespoons)
Water (1/3 cup)
Nice and Dry Hard Cider OR Superfruit with Acai Berry Hard Cider (1/3 cup)
Pillsbury Dough Crescents (1 pack)
Phyllo Dough Cups (can be found in the frozen section)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Caramel Sauce Drizzle
Let’s Make the Apple Cider Bites!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash 3 apples and either cut or use a tool to skin each apple. Once skinned, cut your apples into slices. Dice the slices and set aside into a bowl. Dice the apples into preferred size.
- Add the butter to a medium sauce pan, setting the heat on a medium setting. Mixed butter until melted.
- Add the diced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and salt into the butter pan. Mix until apple slices are browned with the other dry ingredients. Stir for a few minutes.
- Pour 1/3 cup of Coronado Brewing Nice and Dry Cider into the saucepan mixture. Stir for a minute and then set heat to low for a simmer. Stir the mixture every few minutes for 6-7 minutes.
- Set aside another bowl, add cornstarch and water. Mix until it looks like milk. Add the cornstarch mix to the saucepan and stir away!
- Stir until fully mixed, allow the mixture to cook on a low heat.
- Grab a baking sheet and cover it with foil or nonstick cooking paper. Unwrap the Pillsbury dough crescents and lay out on sheet.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on each crescent, use a tool to spread the cinnamon if need be!
- Put a spoon size scoop of the apple mixture in each center of the crescents.
- Fold and wrap the dough around the mixture and place back on the baking sheet.
- Pop them into the oven and check back in about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, take out of the oven and allow the apple bites to cool down.
Add a caramel drizzle, whipped cream or ice cream to this dish.
While you’re baking, enjoy a cider in a CBC pint glass
For a unique flavor, try using our Superfruit with Acai Berry Hard Cider.