Location: San Diego, CA
Reports To: Senior Production Brewer
The Coronado Brewing Company (CBC) is looking for a self-motivated individual who is hungry to make a difference in their job and work with a great team. Culture is important to us, and we like working with ambitious people who are who are ready to make a difference. Qualified candidates must be outgoing, goal-oriented and have a passion for the craft brewing industry.
The position of Brewer is a regular full-time, hourly position that represents a multi-skilled brewing position responsible for assisting in the production of craft beer. The qualified employee must possess the following listed skills, knowledge and experience.
CBC provides a fun entrepreneurial environment with tremendous growth opportunities professionally, personally, and financially.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily job duties including not limited to: CIP, malt milling, brew house operations, wort transfer, yeast pitching, cellar monitoring, filtration, general cleaning, beer quality tasting.
- Produces wort according to operation procedures.
- Knowledge of brewing, cellaring, filtration, CIP, sanitation and sterilization.
- Ability to work in a team environment with effective communication.
- Collaborates on inventory management efforts.
- Willingness to work a flexible shift dependent on operational needs of the brewery. May require night, weekend and 12-hour work days.
- Ensures a safe working environment for employees by maintaining facility and equipment in optimal working conditions. Follows all company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Reflect company core values and cultural attitude.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in brewing beer with a minimum of two years of brewing industry experience
- Proven decision making and analytical skills.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment which is heavily integrated with other functional departments.
- Professional communication skills.
Compensation: CBC offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits.
If interested and qualified, please attach a resume and cover letter with salary history and requirements and send to [email protected].
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports To: Packaging Supervisor
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring kegs are cleaned and properly organized. Assists with all packaging and inventory requirements. Reports to packaging supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Clean and inspect kegs
- Organize and maintain keg inventory
- Assist with bottle/can filling and organization
- Use a forklift (Training provided)
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to hazardous materials, work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Please Apply at [email protected]
Location: Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, Echo Park, Silverlake, Pasadena, East Los Angeles, Los Angeles Valley, North Hollywood, San Fernando
- Market Development:
- Achieve specified account goals
- Develop new accounts and maintain current accounts within the industry.
- Communication with retail accounts regarding brand awareness, including pricing, inventory, events, etc.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in account universe
- Distributor work with on a weekly basis, promos/staff trainings, new bottle placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day. Strong desire to be in the market late night.
- Conducting wait staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
- Distributor/Market Knowledge:
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of Coronado Brewing Company and distributor’s businesses
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as the owner, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
- Develop understanding for how the following get done: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride-with’s, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Know pricing of all Coronado Brewing Company products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
- Know key people and product lineup of top five local beer companies in market
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received, and business is growing at accounts
- Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Desire to build a career in sales
- 1-2 years of beverage related sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace.
- Highly motivated with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
- Great judgment and professional maturity
- General knowledge of brewing process General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft and import beer companies in USA plus top four US brewers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
- Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors and understanding how to work with different trade channels
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days, including weekend events
- Computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
- Administrative–ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Must have a squeaky-clean driving record. Motor vehicle records checks will be performed on candidates
- Ability to lift and moved cases of beer frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
Compensation: CBC offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits including an auto allowance. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements.
If interested and qualified, please attach a resume and cover letter and send to [email protected]
Who we are: CBC is one of the premier craft brewers in San Diego with both international and domestic presence in 11 states working with 18 wholesalers. The Company recently opened a new state of the art production facility and tasting room in late 2012 and is poised for tremendous growth.