Position: None Available
Position: Kitchen Staff
We are searching for organized, energetic kitchen staff to join our team! We are hiring at all three locations!
Please apply in person with a resume or email: [email protected]
Position: None Available
Position: Packaging Operator
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for ensuring that all equipment related to the packaging process is operated in conjunction with all Coronado Brewing Company’s SOP’s. Properly assists in packaging operations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Packaging of product into cans, bottles or kegs following all standard operating procedures, while also being able to complete production adjustments based on the changing needs of the business.
- Operate all aspects of packaging including CIP, filler operation, quality checks, palletizing, and movement of finished materials.
- Obtaining the proper authorization to package a beer. Documentation of key quality parameters and verifying beer meets specifications.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment following OSHA and company guidelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot packaging equipment and communicate issues to management and maintenance department, while able to perform minor preventative and appropriate maintenance on all machinery concerning quality, safety, waste monitoring, training records, and other related maintenance as necessary.
- Train new packaging employees proper machine operation and safety procedures
- Communicating with management and other packaging team members on the status of packaging.
- Organize, track, and audit inventory of finished beer, cans, labels, and all other packaging supplies.
- Tracking package quality of finished beer (dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide, total packaged oxygen, etc.)
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Helps out with Keg Washing by ensuring that clean keg stock is kept at designated range.
- Ensure proper packaging inventory levels are kept up with by recording and communicating current inventory in warehouse.
- Other brewery-related tasks that may require assistance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- 1-2 years of experience working on a bottling or canning line.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a manner that will ensure the employee and teams safety.
- Understanding of cleaning and sanitation requirements in the food and beverage industry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Organized and accurate record keeping.
- Be able to operate a forklift, or become forklift certified within 30 days with training
- Familiar with equipment such as a depalletizer, an ink encoder, canning line, a pasteurizer, a labeler, and a keg washer.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills
- Oral communication skills
- Reading skills
- Customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Planning skills
- Time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 163 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.