It’s starting to get a bit… chilly down in San Diego, which means it’s time to break out the crockpot and try some new fall recipes. Coronado Brewing’s Bison Beer Chili is the perfect recipe to make at home, especially on those days when you don’t want to spend all afternoon in the kitchen. Bursting with the delicious flavors of Bison meat and a slight hint of Salty Crew Blonde Ale, Coronado’s Bison Beer Chili will certainly become a family favorite.
- Olive oil
- One pound Ground Bison or preferred meat *
- Minced Garlic
- One packet Chili Powder
- Yellow Onions*
- One 6oz can Tomato Paste
- Two 16 oz cans Diced Tomatoes
- Three 16oz cans Red Kidney Beans/Desired beans*
- One 16oz can Refried Beans
- Cholula Hot Sauce* or prefferred sauce
- One can of Salty Crew Blonde Ale
Topping Ingredients (optional)
- Green Onions
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon Crumbles
- Sour Cream
- Crackers/Corn Bread
Side Note: Any of the ingredients with a * symbol may be substituted
- Drizzle a desired amount of olive oil on a pan with low heat. Add the ground bison, or preferred meat. Turn up heat slightly, and stir consistently. Cook until brown, then add a full packet of chili powder. Stir on low heat until fully mixed. Set to the side.
- Chop up an entire onion into desired size.
- In another pan, add a drizzle of olive oil on low heat. Add the chopped onions and stir.
- Next, take one 6oz can of tomato paste and add on top of onions. Stir until mixed.
- Take the heat up slightly, and add preferred amount of minced garlic. Mix all three ingredients together until fully mixed. Watch the temperature so it doesn’t burn.
- Add one can of diced tomatoes and a desired amount of hot sauce. Stir until mixed in with other ingredients. Let the mixture cook for a few minutes on low heat.
- Set Bison meat on low heat. Using the tomato mixture, slowly add it into the bison pan. Once added, stir until fully mixed.
- Rinse three cans of preferred beans and add them to the crockpot.
- Open the can of refried beans and mix them into the crockpot. Refried beans will need a good mix.
- Take your pan and pour the bison/tomato mixture into the crockpot. Stir until combined with the beans.
- Pour one full can of Salty Crew Blonde Ale into the crockpot and stir. Add more if desired.
- Put crockpot on slow cook setting, or chili setting depending on time. Slow cook usually produces more flavorful results.
- Sit back, relax and wait for the timer to go off. Once done, be sure to add toppings like green onions and cheese.
Stay tuned for an instructional video to go along with Coronado Brewing’s Bison Beer Chili recipe! #staycoastal
To find Salty Crew Blonde in a store near you Check out our Beer Finder Below!