Job Title: Cellar Person
Reports To: Head Brewer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: This position performs daily cellar tasks while maintaining company policies and ensuring that products meet Coronado Brewing’s high-quality standards. This position will focus on performing the brewery’s cold side operations, including cleaning and sanitizing brewery tanks and equipment. It is essential for this position to communicate regularly and effectively with the Brewers and Head Brewers & to ensure all cellaring responsibilities are fulfilled safely, efficiently, effectively, and accurately.
Duties and responsibilities: (additional duties may be assigned)
1. Perform cleaning/sanitation on all fermentation vessels and BBTs
2. Monitor the quality of the product: temperature, gravity, pH, and carbonation on all fermentation vessels and BBTs. Alerts the head brewer and QA/QC manager of any issues or concerns.
3. Completes dry hopping, fruiting, and back-Sweetening on beer, seltzers, and cider.
4. Fines, Centrifuge, or racks all product and ensure it is up to CBC quality standards and ready for packaging.
5. Maintaining cleanliness of all brewery equipment, including cellar floors, drains, and tank exteriors.
6. Identifies and communicates problems with equipment, malfunctions, or breakdown in process.
7. Inform the head brewer and plant manager of any observed equipment or mechanical issues.
8. Communicates regularly, efficiently, and effectively with all supervisors and team members.
9. Completes all necessary and assigned paperwork accurately and on time.
10. Arrives to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
· Interpersonal skills
· Oral communication skills
· Reading skills
· Customer service skills
· Organizational skills
· Planning skills
· Time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), works near moving mechanical parts, works in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]