In 1996, when craft beer was still a foreign term and San Diego County was home to only a handful of breweries, the Chapman brothers Ron and Rick opened a brewpub in their hometown of Coronado. Today CBC stays true to its San Diego roots, brewing abundantly hoppy West Coast-style ales, which are available today in 14 US states and 12 countries. In addition to the long-established pub in Coronado, the company opened a tasting room inside its San Diego production facility in 2013 and a tasting room and restaurant in Imperial Beach, California, in 2014. Coronado Brewing Company was honored in 2014 with one of the brewing industry’s most prestigious awards—World Beer Cup Champion Brewery and Brewmaster for a Mid-Size Brewing Company, and more recently, a bronze medal at the 2019 Great American Beer Festival for its Weekend Vibes IPA, silver medal for its Salty Crew Blonde in 2020, and a Gold Medal for its Palm Sway IPA in 2021.
Coronado Brewing Company is searching for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team. This position plays an integral role in supporting management as we navigate through this exciting period of growth and expansion of our premium brands throughout California and the region. Stay Coastal.
Job description: The Senior Accountant will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts, producing monthly and annual financial entries, and supporting monthly financial reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Maintains and reconciles various general ledger accounts, researches supporting transaction detail, and records necessary accounting adjustments.
· Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Leads the analysis of manufacturing COGS analysis sheets and responsible for maintaining COGS values and margins for current product brands.
· Supports the Controller with underlying brewing production data in order to calculate reliable brewery profit analysis.
· Reviews and maintains ERP system inventory valuation, costing, on-hand inventory reporting and review and posting of inventory count adjustments.
· Prepares periodic analysis and reporting of inventory aging, inventory turns, and allowance for obsolete inventory
· Performs month-end closing process, including, but not limited to, recording routine and non-routine journal entries, account reconciliations and month-end reporting packages.
· Support the sales, brewery, and restaurant annual budget updates and variance analysis.
· Analyzes financial information to assess accuracy and completeness per departmental standards and in response to fulfillment of internal inquiries.
· Summarizes and prepares financial status and transactions reports.
· Supports team with various tax and industry compliance requirements.
· Maintains fixed assets and depreciation schedules and coordinates fixed asset tracking and audit procedures.
· Cross-train with team members and help document accounting policies and procedures.
· Performs other related duties as assigned to support the Finance department.
Job Type: Full-time Employee
Work Location: San Diego Corporate Office (near main brewery)
Schedule: Hybrid scheduled day optional after onboarding period. Ability to work Monday through Friday in physical office with flexible schedule.
· Competitive pay
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Paid time off
· Company discounts
· Parental leave
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities though will be expected to provide guidance to junior members of accounting staff who also report to the Controller.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, tax, compliance and other regulatory information. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and awareness of ERP accounting system functionality.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business field
· Three or more years of relevant accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
· Working knowledge of GAAP and tax laws
· Strong financial analysis skills
· Experience with mid-tier ERP system, beyond QuickBooks preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, intermediate with Excel
· Interpersonal skills with emotional intelligence to act in diplomatic and professional manner
· Verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.