Holiday Season Appetizer – Bacon-Wrapped Beer Cheese Bites
Looking for an easy appetizer for the holiday season? Coronado Brewing has the perfect recipe for you. You’ll need a few simple ingredients, including the award-winning brew Weekend Vibes IPA.
Visit any CBC location or click here to find Weekend Vibes IPA near you!
Ingredients / Recommended Cooking Supplies
- Whipped Cream Cheese or Pre-made Chive Cream Cheese
- Green Onions
- Weekend Vibes IPA
- Crescent Rolls or Pre-Made Dough
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Beer Cheese Bites
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take a standard-size baking sheet and line it with non-stick aluminum foil, or parchment paper. Prepare a wire cooling rack on the side. Watch the video below to see how to make Bacon-Wrapped Beer Cheese Bites.
- Take one small tub of whipped cream cheese or 8oz of your preferred cream cheese style and put into a medium-sized mixing bowl. If using pre-made chive cream cheese, the following step may be skipped.
- * Skip this step if using pre-made chive cream cheese. Take a bundle of fresh green onions and chop them into small pieces. Take the chopped bits and put into a dicer/ or continue to chop by hand.
- Once diced into thin pieces, pour into the bowl of cream cheese. Use a mixer or thoroughly mix by hand until the chives are fully mixed in.
- Take a 16 oz of Weekend Vibes IPA and pour 4oz (or 1/2 a cup) into the chive cream cheese mixture. Mix until evenly blended! Try a small spoonful and make adjustments before moving onto the next step.
- Crack open your crescent rolls and lay them out on a cutting board. If pre-cut, separate each piece of dough. If the dough needs to be cut, we recommend using a pizza roller to cut the dough into even rectangles.
- Lay each dough strip on a baking sheet and fill each strip with the beer cheese mixture. Wrap the dough around the cheese to make a “bite” sized ball.
- Take the bacon strips and cut them into halves or thirds, whatever size works as long as the piece can be rolled over the crescent dough.
- Use standard sized tooth-picks to keep the bacon wrapped around the cheese bites!
- Pop into the oven for 12-18 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked and the dough is a nice golden color.
- Once ready, let the beer cheese bites cool on a cooling rack for about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers? Reheat for 8-10 minutes in the oven at 300 degrees.