Add some Stupid Stout to an easy chili recipe for your next party.
Slow Cooker Chili Con Carne Recipe
Click for Recipe without Stupid Stout from SkinnyMs.Com
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fired roasted tomatoes
- 1 (4.5) ounce can green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 12 oz of Stupid Stout (or more depending on thickness and flavor preferred)
- 1/2 cup shredded (part-skim) mozzarella cheese, (optional)
Add ground meat and onion to a large pot and cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
Add the cooked meat and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover chili and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
Stove Top Method: Cook meat and onion, in a large pot or skillet, as instructed above. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low-boil and cook for 30-45 minutes or until thickened.
If desired, garnish with grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese before serving.